top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

If you don't find your answers here then feel free to email us at

What is Ski & Snowboard Cross?

Best thing for us to do is show you a video...













Do I need to become a Member?

Yes, Cross Snowsports is an Affiliated Member of Snowsport England, basically they provide us with club status. Your membership fee pays for this and in return you receive the following from them:



Worldwide Civil Liability insurance (third party & Professional indemnity) 10 million
Access to exclusive offers with Snowsport England partners
Regular e-newsletter
Snowsport England annual report
Representation at National and British levels
Access to Snowsport Scotland and Snowsport Wales competitions & coaching scheme courses
Disclosure and Barring Scheme check (DBS)
Safeguarding support

Do I need to purchase a lift pass?

Yes, you must purchase a 2hr lift pass from 7-9pm by quoting 'Cross Snowsports' at reception. 

Can I use CFe Membership or other offers to reduce the price of my lift pass? 

Yes, if you already have CFe Membership you can use this to further reduce the cost of lift passes or you can become a Member here.

CFe are doing a weekly and monthly lift pass deal over the summer, can I use these for my Cross session?

Yes, check out the CFe Offers page. 

Where do we meet for the session?

We meet by the café next to reception in the main CFe lobby. You will usually see a few Cross Snowsport jackets floating around so just come over and say hi!

What if we're late to arrive?

Don't worry, we appreciate the M60 can be like a parking lot at times, just send come straight out on the slope when you arrive. We will be expecting you because our high tech booking system tells us!  

What is the minimum standards to join?

The minimum standard we expect is for different for freestyle and technical sessions. See the Sessions tab for more info on standards.

What safety equipment will I need?

Ski & Snowboard Cross are extreme sports therefore we insist our members wear CE rated helmets and strongly recommend  a CE rated spinal protection such as Forcefield Bodyarmour. Check out our freestyle and technical  Sessions tab for more info.

What ski or snowboard equipment do I require?

At first, the best equipment is what ever you currently own or rent. As you progress and wish to compete then you will need to look at purchasing more specific race ski and snowboard equipment.

I know nothing about servicing or waxing my ski/snowboards, how do I look after it?

Often considered a dark art, we periodically run wax tech clinics for our members to learn how to make their kit run as quick as a Delorian fitted with a Flux Capacitor. Outside of this, we recommend Anything Technical in Kendal for our base grinds and wax kit needs.

Who will be coaching?

Extremely passionate about racing, all of our coaches have a background in performance sport and are qualified under internationally recognised Ski & Snowboard Associations such as British Association or Ski & Snowboarder Instructors (BASI). Not only that, we are also the only body in the UK that can develop coaches in-house.

What is Safeguarding?

Basically, as a SSE Affiliated club we are mandated to provide a Safeguarding Officer whom overseas the welfare of our members and club. Check out our Safeguarding page for more info.

What is a DBS check?

Disclosure & Barring Service or DBS, is a Government run scheme that all of our coaches and committee members are part of. 

bottom of page